Surgical Technician II, Operating RoomJob ID MPHS-2110572 Date Posted 07/30/2021 Location Burlingame, California Schedule/Shift Full Time/ Variable
The Operating Room Surgical Technologist II, under the guidance of the Registered Nurse, fulfills the role of the scrub person and plans ahead for each procedure so equipment needs and supplies are available to meet the needs of the planned surgery. The position is responsible and accountable for delivery of care in the Operating Room as a member of the surgical team. The position requires competency* in four of the following specialty services: Cardiac, ENT, Orthopedic, General, Gynecologic, Laparoscopic, Neurologic, Ophthalmic, Robotics, Urologic, and Vascular.
*Competency is measured by ability to:
- identify four anatomical structures and their functions unique to the surgical specialty
- identify two drugs used during each specialty’s procedures and state the action of each
- anticipate and meet the needs of the operating surgeons in a timely manner
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Completion of approved course for Surgical Technologists required.
LICENSURES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified Surgical Technician - CST preferred.
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS required.
- One year current experience working as a Surgical Technologist in an acute care hospital required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Acts as a knowledgeable resource when processing equipment.
- Validates supply and instrument sterility which includes checking package, wrap or container integrity, chemical indicators and expiration dates.
- Complies with all MPHS practices, policies and safety procedures. Abides by the ethical standards set in the Code of Conduct Handbook.
- Completes and maintains all regulatory requirements including licensing and certification and other mandatory training within established timeframes. Requirements may include but not limited to TB testing, safety and compliance training, HIPAA and all Health Stream requirements.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Variable
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:80
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started